bushes for Spax shocks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: bushes for Spax shocks
From: david.culgan.b@us.agfa.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:49:07 -0500
Several years ago, maybe as many as 15, I purchased a kit from Victoria British
for fitting Spax tubular shock absorbers to the rear of my 1966 MGB. The kit
included two adjustable Spax gas-shocks. I now need to replace the bonded
bushings, four pieces, all the same size located in the !.eye!/ at each end of
the
shock. From looking at Spax!/s website I can see they are Spax part number
0060159. Spax listed Long Motors (aka Victoria British) as a US distributor, but
a phone call indicated they only carry the complete shock, not the bushings only
(shocking!).

These are bonded bushes, the OD is 1", the ID is 1/2" (for 1/2"  mount). The
inner part of the bush is 11/4" long (which is 1/4" longer than the eye of the
shock). Anyone know of a North American source for these bonded rubber bushes?
If not I'll try Spax directly in the UK.

Thanks,
Dave Culgan
'66 MGB

///