1966 MGB Upholstery Installation

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1966 MGB Upholstery Installation
From: "David Macedonia" <david.macedonia@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:18:40 -0500
Hi All,

I just purchased a leather seat kit (along with new cushions, webbing & seat
back stiffener) from Moss for my 1966 MGB. I also bought the panel and carpet
kit. Red leather...black piping. Beautiful craftsmanship!

My question is, does any one have any tips, instructions, warnings, etc. on
installing the leather seat covers? Trying to stretch that leather across
those foam cushions should be fun! In "Guide to Purchase & D.I.Y.
Restoration", Lindsay Porter suggests attaching a layer of thin plastic on the
cushions. Would that work? Should I glue the foam and seat back stiffener to
the seat frame first?

Thanks in advance,

David Macedonia
Crofton, MD.