twin carb conversion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: twin carb conversion
From: gc <litfuse@isp01.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:30:12 -0500
OK, I've been worn down.  The Stromberg will go, to be replaced by S.U carbs.
Now that I finally sorted it, the ZS works fine; 25 - 30+ mpg, but
lackluster, to say the least.
Actually, the problems I've had were elsewhere.  The maligned ZS is not
bad, just boring.

My car is a 1980 B with a detoxed early 1970's rebuilt HC motor (no motor
plate).
I have second hand carbs, manifolds, spacers, cables, gaskets, heat shield
and a front exhaust pipe on the way.
I'm curious about fuel connection changes, vacuum fitments, and air
cleaners.  Groan! and mufflers!
Would there be a benefit to putting in an earlier spec distributor?

Is there a website that describes the carb conversion?  Learning the hard
way has its charm, but I'd
like to ensure I have all the fiddly bits before I plunge into it.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///