Lumpy idle, continued

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lumpy idle, continued
From: "Jeff Sharpe" <jgsharpe@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 16:00:57 -0500
Been a couple weeks with limited time to work on that idle problem, but thanks
to all who offered ideas.  Found quite a bit of play in the dist shaft, and
that prompted me to send that out for rebush, install of new vac advance and
calibration of the whole assembly.  Waiting for that to come back, I pulled
the carbs today to find more little surprises, including a badly crimped jet
tube secured with a tie wrap!  How did that get there?!  There's a bigger
question, though.  I think the little keyed rubber adapters that fit between
the float chambers and the carb body might have been swapped.  Are they
supposed to hang perpendicular to the ground (level float covers) or slightly
angled?  Mine were angled, but if I swap the rubbers, the bowls hang perfectly
level when the carbs are mounted.  Which is the correct position?

Getting closer, thanks to your help!
Jeff - '71 B

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list