Re: Bumpers

To: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bumpers
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:40:43 -0500
James,

Having had both repros and re-chromes I would go for re-chromes every time
even if they were twice the price.  But get a good chroming
company!!!!!!!!!!!!  The price you quote is not out of line.  Cambridge
Custom Chrome here in Ontario quoted me the equivalent of US$225 for same
including the two overriders.  I found repros fragile and looked as if the
chrome would fall off in a few weeks!!

At 12:10 AM 3/27/02 -0700, james wrote:
>List,
>
>I was looking into bumpers for my '71 BGT today and got some unexpected
>results.  My bumpers are crapped out, they are full of pits and have some
>large sections where the chrome is gone and rust has started; also at least
>one of the bumper bolt holes is rounded off.  The info I got today is that the
>Moss repro bumpers, rears especially, are a terrible fit and so not a great
>option.  Rechroming my bumpers was estimated at $180 each after I fix the
>rounded out hole(s) - again not a wonderful option because of price.
>
>Can anyone add any input or experience to this?  Neither one of these routes
>sounds too hot.
>
>james

Regards
Barrie