meltdown

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: meltdown
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 22:47:08 -0700
Well not actually, but close.

Tonight on my way home I had many bad things happen all at once.  I lost
gauges, brake lights, turn signals, and fuel pump.  I retained everything
else, ignition, gauge lights, head lights, heater, etc.  I find this troubling
because gauges and fuel pump are on white circuit with ignition, and all the
rest are on green with the remainder of the stuff I retained.

It would appear that I lost half of the white circuit and half the green at
the same time.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  There has to be one
common link between all of these things that I haven't found yet because this
car has been electrically reliable for years.

BTW I jumpered the fuel pump lead to the pos battery terminal directly above
it, got home, and unjumpered it.

james