Re: meltdown

To: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: meltdown
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:30:26 -0000
The gauges should be on the green.  But the green is fused off the white so
if the white fails so does the green.  The ignition is also on the white, so
if the engine continued to run then this part of the white, at least, must
have been OK.  Lights were always off the brown, and for a few years around
1973 wipers, washers and heater fan came off the accessories position of the
ignition switch (i.e. switched brown) via their own in-line fuse.  So if
yours is circa 73 everything figures except the ignition continuing to work.
But who knows what changes a PO might have made.