Re: Replacement panel advice please

To: <BarrMark262@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replacement panel advice please
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 10:15:52 +0100
Floorpans have got to be the panel where poor fit is the least likely to
cause a problem.  All the vertical panels around it have a horizontal flange
that the floor sits on top of (or between in the case of the inner
box-section and the castle rail).  Repro pans come with their own flange in
case tin-worm has made a feast of the original flanges, but if yours is
'practically rust free' (why the replacement floorpans, I wonder?) you cut
these off to fit.  The rear seat-mountings are easy enough to weld nuts for,
but you must remember to weld the front ones before welding the floor
otherwise you have some imaginative cutting, fiddling and patching to do
because they are concealed inside the front box-section.