Re: Listers ---- Really special folks

To: "Aubrey Schneider" <aschneider@shaw.ca>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Listers ---- Really special folks
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 10:11:25 -0600
> Don & Sue I can't thank you enough & to all you out there in MG land my
> grateful huge thanks to you all. I would like to tell you the final
> outcome when it's all back together.

   I hear stories like this all the time.  And not to take anything away
from
Don and Sue, but this isn't unique to the MG community.  Rather, car-people
are some of the nicest, most helpful people I have ever met!  One would
think that the kindness might fade when dealing with people from the more
'exoric' marques but that is not the case!  I have seen just as much help
and enthusiasm from the Ferrari community as from the MG guys.  It
seems that car-people are car-people, independent of the marque.  It is
also fun to get together and work on the cars -- especially when they are
different marques.  There are some REAL eye-opening moments!
   In Tulsa, we are trying to pull together people of common interest but in
different marques. A merging of the car-clubs idea, if you will.   No one
marque, save the Porsche club, seems to be large enough or motivated
enough to stand alone.  Yet, as a car-people group we might just make it!

rick
'88 BMW E30 M3
'79 Ferrari 308GTB
'59 Lancia Appia
'70 and '79 MGs, both sold :-[ but wouldn't mind a nice "A" :-o