Re: Listers ---- Really special folks

To: Rick Lindsay <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Listers ---- Really special folks
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 11:37:59 -0600
Rick Lindsay wrote:

> > Don & Sue I can't thank you enough & to all you out there in MG land my
> > grateful huge thanks to you all. I would like to tell you the final
> > outcome when it's all back together.
>
>    I hear stories like this all the time.  And not to take anything away
> from
> Don and Sue, but this isn't unique to the MG community.  Rather, car-people
> are some of the nicest, most helpful people I have ever met!  One would
> think that the kindness might fade when dealing with people from the more
> 'exoric' marques but that is not the case!  I have seen just as much help
> and enthusiasm from the Ferrari community as from the MG guys.  It
> seems that car-people are car-people, independent of the marque.  It is
> also fun to get together and work on the cars -- especially when they are
> different marques.  There are some REAL eye-opening moments!
>    In Tulsa, we are trying to pull together people of common interest but in
> different marques. A merging of the car-clubs idea, if you will.   No one
> marque, save the Porsche club, seems to be large enough or motivated
> enough to stand alone.  Yet, as a car-people group we might just make it!

Rick, put me and my phone number (Rocky Frisco 918-743-6452) on that
list. I'm in Tulsa, just south of Skelly Stadium a couple of blocks.
I'm a Mini expert and pretty good on MG's; I have a garage-full of
Mini parts and have MGB spares too, including access to three B's at
a local salvage yard. I have manuals and tools, welding equipment
and a cherry picker. I also have experience (as a dealer mechanic)
on Mercedes and FIAT cars.

I'm often off on tour, playing piano, but it's never for very long.

-Rock  http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Red Dirt Rangers (Rocky on piano): http://www.reddirtrangers.com
JJ Cale Live (w/Rocky): http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm