Re: recommendatins for oil filter

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: recommendatins for oil filter
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 16:50:01 -0600
Eugene Balinski wrote:

> One of the listers did quite the investigation on said subject
> hacking, cutting, and pulling apart about 2 dozen different filters.
> I believe that the WIX and AC Delco GOLD series were recommended,
> while the Fram was not.   There were other acceptable ones as well.
> I am sure that someone will post the URL to the web site that has
> the info.  As for the correct filter, Look on the filter manufacturer's
> chart and select the correct one for the MGB.  CarQuest sell the
> WIX also, although it is private branded.

I did something like this a few years ago, plus one added
experiment.

Since then, I always keep three very strong, small ALNICO magnets
evenly spaced around the midpoint of the spin-on filter can. These
trap ferrous micro-swarf. When the filter is used up, I transfer the
magnets to the new canister.

This is nowhere near as important in MG's as it is in Minis, with
the steel transmission and final drive and diff gears in the sump,
creating steel swarf. Still I thought it worth mentioning.

-Rock  http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Red Dirt Rangers (Rocky on piano): http://www.reddirtrangers.com
JJ Cale Live (w/Rocky): http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm