Re: recommendatins for oil filter/2 cents

To: Valerie Stabenow <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>
Subject: Re: recommendatins for oil filter/2 cents
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 06:54:05 -0600
Valerie Stabenow wrote:

> I have been using NAPA Gold filters for several years..the cartridge style
> for the E and spin-ons for the rest. My local store had a display of one of
> the gold filters cut open compared with other major brands.No comparison!!
> the NAPA units were obviously better.  I believe WIX makes this GOld line
> for NAPA.
>
> Valerie Stabenow, 62 MGA MkII, 67 TR4a, 69 XK-E FHC, 73 TR-6, 81 Corvette
> Coupe

I was at AutoZone this past weekend to change oil on my daily drivers.
They had 6 cut open at the counter. The Fram looked fairly sparse. The
Bosch was very dense. The others were in the middle. That was the
standard Fram and the premium Bosch.

The AutoZone is new in my area, it was the first time I was in there.
I'm not sure I liked it any more than the Checker or Champion I've been
going to. They all seem the same to me.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S         PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155