Re: filling shocks

To: mmorris@nemr.net
Subject: Re: filling shocks
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 08:03:23 -0500
Monte,
  At your pharmacy, ask for a plastic syringe, just the syringe, not the
needle.    20cc is a handy size to have around the garage, and a 50cc.
These will squirt the damper fluid into that hole quite nicely, with
plenty of room for air to pass by.
  90 weight oil--well, that's not what the book says to use. It suggests
20w if damper fluid is not available.  But--90 in gear oil is not the
same as 90 would be in engine oil, so it's not as viscous as it might
seem.  Nevertheless, I would use the correct damper fluid until you
determine that an alternative better meets your needs.
Bob