Re: ZS Confusion

To: "frank krajewski" <frankk@intap.net>
Subject: Re: ZS Confusion
From: "Bob Holton" <bholton@golden.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 17:06:05 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "frank krajewski" <frankk@intap.net>
To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 3:31 PM
Subject: ZS Confusion

. Now my confusion, at the bottom
> of those same guidelines (Item #3 under "Running Lean") there is a line,
> "The Stromberg carburretted MGB will not run with the air cleaner
> removed...." OK, what did  I miss? Let the flaming begin....
> Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski

Hi Frank,

The engine will start just fine, idle, and rev without the air filter
attached.  I've been using Mr. Twist's method for a few years, with fine
results.  I'm sure the response of the carb will be different with the
engine under load.

Send me a post if you need any further info.

Regards,

Bob Holton  80 B LE