Re: Side Plate Replacement

To: "Chris Thompson" <ct@cthompson.com>,
Subject: Re: Side Plate Replacement
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:43:01 -0600
I was meaning to reply to this message. I checked this side plate
replacement out and although it looks nice, its rather pricey at $69.95! So
if it was me, I would locate a used cover like Andrew suggests. It would be
considerably cheaper and you wouldn't have to worry about changing the
crankcase ventilation scheme - just keep it the way it was designed.

I did see the advantages of this cover for my son's 65B - we put  the
original SU carbs back in his car (replacing the HIFs) although the engine
is a newer 18V so now we have the open tube on the cover. But I'm still a
cheapskate, so if anyone does have a spare older spare cover with no
crankcase ventilation tube for sale, let me know.

David