steering column questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: steering column questions
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <egmakris@otenet.gr>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:38:44 +0300
I've been having problems with the collapsible steering column on my
BGT, the steering lock is broken so there's something in there that
rattles all the time - very annoying, plus it never grounded for the
horn, that's why I'm using an indicator/horn switch from a previous year
model.

So, can I take it apart to remove the broken bit from the lock, at
least?

Or, throw it away altogether and install the previous (i.e. up to 72)
inner/outer rigid column system? I don't care if it has a lock or not.
Besides the obvious bits (inner & outer column), what else shall I need?
Are "upper" columns (i.e. steering wheel-to-spider) interchangeable
between LHD and RHD cars?

Evangelos
73BGT, LHD