Re: Weber Carb and Cooling

To: wryan@giplastek.com
Subject: Re: Weber Carb and Cooling
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:44:57 -0400
  Best way to answer the question of running better might be to
experiment and to find out for yourself.  There are some certainties in
performance (everyone knows red cars are faster than blue cars) but when
it comes to vacuum advance, try for yourself.  Since the car is 25+ years
old and you know that the carb and manifolding have been changed, there
might well be other things that have been changed too. Those changes,
known and unknown, affect actual performance.
   These temp gauges are adequate for their job, but they are not part of
 a precision measuring system.  If you were to loosen the radiator cap so
that pressure would not build up, then go for an enthusiastic drive, then
you could measure the radiator temperature with a kitchen thermometer and
have a better idea of the actual operating temp of the engine.  From that
you can better know what the gauge is indicating.
Bob