Antenna Removal/Installation

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Antenna Removal/Installation
From: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:07:35 -0500
I'm not sure about the new DIN antennas, but the old style were designed to
be installed from the top of the fender. The $9.95 Radio Shack might even
have the instructions.

Briefly, there is a chromed nut holding it all together. Take it off and let
the antenna down a bit. There is a backing piece that holds the antenna from
the inside. It will swivel for removal. When you have maneuvered it so that
it will  come through the hole, then you can take the whole thing out. Most
antennas have a screw connector  for the coax cable that runs to the radio.
Your can unscrew it, clean it up, and install it on the new antenna without
having to take the console apart. Installation is the famous "reverse of
uninstalling". Take a good look at how it all goes together, and you will
see how easy it is to adjust the antenna to vertical.

BTW, the $9.95 special, if they still sell for that, is the exact duplicate
of the ones we were installing in 1950, so don't be afraid of the picky
concourse folks.