RE: Need dash advice please

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Need dash advice please
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:57:28 -0600
Lawrie, as I recall on the MGB 'pillow' dash some of the foam material
remained and you had to 'shape' it to fit the inside contour of the
replacement dash.

Those of you who have the replacement dash sitting around uninstalled
might want to look at the backside of the replacement and see if it is
concave on the passenger side.  Then feel behind the steel dash to see
if it has a protrusion to fit into the replacement dash.  If the back
side of the steel dash is flat, this would confirm that some of the
material stays on the dash.  As I recall the part that stays on the
steel dash is a Styrofoam material, the part on the back side of the
replacement dash is a different type of foam. (Is this confusing or
what?)

Larry Hoy