RHD Conversion Parts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RHD Conversion Parts
From: Rkegg465@cs.com
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:36:25 EDT
I assume that you are trying to convert a LHD to a RHD. I think it is going
to be an expensive proposition. I figure that there are less than a dozen RHD
MGAs over here. I have an original RHD MGA, and I can tell you that you won't
find any of the big RHD parts in the US.  I tried. Moss US will sell the
little stuff, like speedo cables and wiper arms. But the big stuff isn't
available. They are available in the UK. My experience is that they are not
cheap. Moss UK sells a RHD steering rack for about 500 pounds. You can get a
rebuilt one for about 80 pounds, but you have to send them a RHD core. You
will need a new accelerator pedal assembly, dash, and a few little things.
The speedo and tach cables are different lengths. The wiper arms are
different, as well. Perhaps some of the list members that live in the UK or
Australia might have a line on some place to get RHD parts at more reasonable
prices. Good luck on your project...........

Randy Kegg