Re: Think pink

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Think pink
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 01:16:28 +0930
Dave Wood wrote:

> If you still had the choke on, the rich mixture should prevent pinking.

Nahh, it would have to be freezing before I would drive with the choke
out.  I only need the choke to start her and while she is idling, maybe,
just after she starts.  I never drive with the choke on.  If she is
still cold by the next time I have to stop/idle a 'blip' every now and
then keeps her idling fine (heel/toe on slowing), but she is usually
fine by my first stopsign/intersection.

Of course this also follows with my thoughts on the fact that my 'B is
also noisier (exhaust more raucous and blats more loudly, sharply - all
technical terms, people) when she is cold, too.  My neighbours love it
when I have to head off to a race meeting, leaving home at 6:30am on a
Sunday morning :-)

But hey, despite all this she has been running, for the past year,
better than ever so I have no complaints.

Gee, I think back to the problems I had after I got her and now here I
am, wondering about some pinging and a variance in noise from the
exhaust.  Some people are never happy :-)

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII