Re: lever shock oil

To: "Rick Brown" <mgrick@mgcars.org.uk>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: lever shock oil
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:45:32 -0700
Sorry, Rick, to be critical, but if you go to a motorcycle shop and ask for
fork oil, they are going to ask you "what weight". Fork oil comes in weights
from 5 to 30 with increments of 2.5 in the lower ranges! Obviously, the thin
stuff is pretty close to the consistency of water and would be no use in a
car shock absorber.

Your reply would have been more complete if you'd said "20 wt. motorcycle
fork oil" or even 30 wt. if the shocks are old and tired.