crosscountry drive

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: crosscountry drive
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:39:19 -0500
In a few weeks I'll be flying to Seattle to pick up a 67B:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1823522919
and driving it to Missouri. The car has not been driven for a year, or so, but
supposedly runs fine. I'm planning on getting it to a shop in Seattle for a
checkup before I attempt this drive.
Questions:

1. Can someone recommend a good shop in Seattle area, that would have parts on
hand? I'd like to call in advance and set up a one-day appointment.
2. As I'll be flying to Seattle, I'll need to pack lightly (taking a small
tool kit) but I'm wondering what spare parts everyone would recommend I carry
with me? I'm thinking: radiator hoses, points and condensor and fuel filter
and ,of course, duct tape and cell phone. What else?

I live in extreme northeastern Missouri, and I haven't planned my route yet
but if there is anyone that might live in route and interested in supplying a
name, address, and phone # in case I need help it would be greatly
appreciated. I teach and will be out of school on May 20, so I'm planning on
leaving around this time.
Thanks,

Monte 79B, 67B, and 74 1/2 parts car
Kahoka, MO USA