Re: Steering Wheel sizes.

To: Chris Thompson <ct@cthompson.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel sizes.
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 07:48:00 -0700 (PDT)
IMHO
 I do not think I would let that get in my way. Think about an accident and how
things occur insdie the car. The steering wheel gets damaged by hitting YOU. It
is not going to be a broken splintered object coming at you. When it does get
broken against your chest (seatbelts) the wheel will deform but as it is
deforming against your chest the broken wood will be riding parallel with you
skin surface and then thus should not be a problem. If you are involved in an
accident where you have struck the steering wheel with your body hard enough to
break it you have bigger problems.

As a side note, I had been looking at those sexy Mahogany wheels until
someone here had to go bring reality into the picture and mention what
happens when you wreck and a shattered wooden steering wheel hits you in the
chest.