Re: Steering Wheel sizes.

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel sizes.
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 11:11:13 -0700
A smaller steering wheel doesn't actually cause oversteer, or even change
the steering ratio. They must have been referring to the sensation of
quicker steering (fewer inches of arm movement per degree of steering
rotation), but as the MGB is not power-assisted, one would think that would
be balanced by the increased effort. At any rate I imagine you would quickly
adapt to it.

I would think a 14" wheel would be a good compromise. I put one in a
friend's Midget for similar reasons (and the fact that the banjo wheel was
broken at the rim). It definitely improved ingress and egress.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149