RE: drink holder, and drive

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: drink holder, and drive
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 15:10:45 -0500
>    In a time when modern automobiles are actually rated
> by the quality, quantity and placement of their cup-holders
> (don't laugh!  Just pick up any Consumer Reports!), it
> is of minor interest that in Oklahoma, it is illegal to eat
> or drink while driving a car!   I doubt that that law has
> been enforced in decades as I have seen donuts and
> coffee in the hands of driving OK boys in blue. :-P

Wow...lived there for three years and never heard of that one!  But it
wouldn't suprise me....

>    The one that gets me here is the number of drivers I
> see in Tulsa's morning commute who are SHAVING
> on the way to work!  They just sit up there in their
> two-story-tall SUVs, rear-view mirror twisted around,
> leaning in for a close view and plow right on.  Another guy
> I see regularly has his cereal bowl up on the wheel as he
> motors to work.  Then there are all the 'gummers' puttering
> around with 1920's driving mentality -- not to mansion
> impaired abilities.  This is a dangerous town to take your
> MG <or any car> out in!

Sure, but when you're parked on 169 or the BA, what else are you gonna do?
:)  Actually, Rick's mention of 'gummers' is pretty funny, since there
really aren't that many elderly folks on the road there, compared to many
other places.  But do beware driving in Tulsa.  Insurance rates are
terrible, because there are lots of accidents, and everybody sues when
involved in one.

BTW Rick, is your B the bright yellow one?