RE: Re: Question for folks with parts cars (MGB)

To: mgs@autox.team.net (MG List)
Subject: RE: Re: Question for folks with parts cars (MGB)
From: matttrebelhorn@netscape.net (Matthew Trebelhorn)
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 12:56:21 -0400
Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com> wrote:
>Matthew Trebelhorn at matttrebelhorn@netscape.net wrote:
>Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com> wrote:
>>> on 5/7/02 8:09 AM, Jason F. Dutt at mgs@duttenterprises.com wrote:
>>> It's amazing to me how many cars had speaker holes cut in to them back
>>>
>>> Ah, but not if you have the packaway top!
>>
>> Which my car does.  Doesn't mean I likethe speaker hole back there, though...
>> Matt
>>
>True. Although you could cover it up with a new trim panel... no welding
>required.

At present, it *is* covered by trim panels.  (Yeah, plural -- a panel in the
trunk, too.)

But I'm already going to be:
1. chopping in to a parts car (for the front inner fender panel, long since
forgotten in this discussion)

2. welding and then painting the car

so I want to fix it, if I can.

I'm also planning on fixing speaker cutouts in the panels between the doors and
wheel arches -- not all the way cut out; it looks like somebody got 3/4 of the
way and stopped.  So all the metal is there, except for a strip the width of a
jigsaw blade, in 3/4 of a circle.  The rear panel, though, is cut through.  Now
*that's* a DPO.

Anyway, If I'm going to do a bunch of work, I want to fix some of the little,
never-seen things, too.

Matt

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/