Re: bumpers again

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: bumpers again
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 14:52:15 -0500
  That's about what the same work cost me.  It looks a helluvva lot
better than the repro parts.  When you find out how the work is done it
doesn't seem so pricey.  Here's how the guy explained the process to me.
First they put the parts in the electroplating vat and remove the chrome
by reversing the plating process.  Then they reshape and otherwise
repair the parts.  Lastly, they put the parts back in the plater and
replate them.  Lots of time and work.

  Cheers,

   CR

David Councill wrote:

> I have located a chrome replater locally who will repair/replate my MGB
> bumper for $200 and for an additional $25 each will do the two overriders.
> Is this a reasonable and worthwhile price?

  SNIP