bumpers again

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: bumpers again
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 12:12:28 -0600
I have located a chrome replater locally who will repair/replate my MGB
bumper for $200 and for an additional $25 each will do the two overriders.
Is this a reasonable and worthwhile price?

My bumper has a slight bend at the area where the licence plate attaches
and has rust on the inside. Of my four overriders, only one looks like it
has retained its original shape.

I was going to order repro parts. But the matter of quality has arisen
again. Its $250 to replate, maybe $150 total for repros. Or maybe a used
one if I could find a good used one. Which is my next question - anyone
have a decent front bumper/overriders for an early 70s MGB, the rubber pads
not a problem since I have several good ones. Just need good chrome.

David
72 MGB