Lap Belt

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lap Belt
From: "Dale Puffenberger" <dalep1@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 07:50:03 -0400
Greetings All,

I need to install a lap belt on the drivers side of my newly acquired '72
Midget. I would like some guidance on where to locate the holes to anchor it,
please.

This is planned to be a temporary measure. The in-frame anchoring for the
shoulder harness has rusted out and was filled and painted by the PO. So far,
the best solution for installing the reel appears to be welding a plate
w/tapped fitting to the floor or frame. Any advice or insight on dealing this
is most welcome.

Please reply to magicsue@earthlink.net as I will be working my little darlin'
all day at another location and can access a computer using that address  to
check mail.

Thanks
Dale