Drive Report

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Drive Report
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 10:47:43 -0400
Drive report on the performance of Lucas Oil Additive and my top repairs
with JB Weld.
After adding the Lucas Oil Additive I drove the car to a show 110 miles away
and then back.  I noticed increased and sustained oil pressure, cooler
running engine and less oil consumption.  It seems like I left a bigger oil
spot than normal.  The weather going up was very cool (50) and the car ran
like a top.   Coming back was much warmer (79) and still ran good, but did
not seem as peppy.  Of course, I was not as peppy either.
We drove with the top up in the morning and the JB Weld held and seemed more
sturdy than the original screws and welding.  The replacement nut and bolt
have done their job, but after a few times of going up and down I suspect
the nut will work its way off the bolt.  Got there and had someone help me
put the top down and it folded away much easier than before.  The back bow
(nut/bolt repair) did not come crashing down on the rear deck and the second
bow (JB Weld repair) felt much studier. The only problem with the JB is that
I am a slob and it is all over the bow and looks somewhat unsightly.
Thanks to all who offered advice and assistance.
Mike R