Re: Tach. accuracy???

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tach. accuracy???
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 11:20:34 -0700
You need an external tach gauge to calibrate (I have one built into my
dwell meter).  Set it up where you can see it from inside the car.
Remove your tach, take it apart and there is a potentiometer on the back
of the electronics - i marked & drilled a hole in the case and covered
the hole with some electrical tape so I could adjust it in the future
without having to take the tach apart.  Put it back in, but leave it
hanging out from the dash so you can get a small screwdriver around the
back and start the car & adjust so it matches your external tach.  You
may not be able to get an accurate reading at both low & high values, I
opted for correct readings at the high range...

FYI you should be at 3270 rpm at 60mph in 1:1 direct drive (4th)

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   www.mgbexperience.com   (_o____o_)