Re: Buying from eBay sellers in the UK (WAS: Getting GBP in US)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Buying from eBay sellers in the UK (WAS: Getting GBP in US)
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 03:22:56 +0930
Tab Julius wrote:

> Any halfway decent sized bank will have an international banking division
> that can handle this for you.

Every international airport I have flown into around the world (and most
domestic airports) have a Bureau De Change for tourists to fix up their
local currency needs - or to get rid of their local currency when they leave.

Maybe you could just drop by the airport and grab a few pound notes.

Ask a local travel agent or tourist authority - they should know.

I have two Thomas Cook 'glass walls' (their 'shopfronts' are just a tiny
room divided in hald by a glass security wall) in the mall a minute's
walk from my office in the city.  This is where I pick up all my US,
Canadian and British currency to pay for my eBay purchases.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII