Pollution Controls and Vacuum Advance Help

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pollution Controls and Vacuum Advance Help
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:46:46 -0500
Does anyone have a really good reference on the components and routing
of hoses on these systems on a 1980 (US Market) MGB LE? The DPO of my
car has rerouted, misrouted, and generally hacked the hookup of these
systems -  including the vacuum advance (Small thin) tubes.

I know full well that I can do without some of these things, but I would
like to keep the systems as standard as possible.

I have checked all of the standard works on the subject. I find the MOST
useful is the Moss Catalog, but even that isn't detailed enough (they
don't show the location of the host between the vacuum advance relay and
the manifold, nor do they apparently carry the replacement hose.) I
suspect the official shop manual might have this info, but my copy only
goes up to 1974.

Regards,

Lew Palmer