Switch-turn signal, horn, dimmer, on the steering column of a

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Switch-turn signal, horn, dimmer, on the steering column of a
From: "Dan Furbish" <BarnOwl@world.std.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 18:39:07 -0400
Another Lucas question from a novice MGB GT owner.

If I have headlights, running lights , blinkers, emergency flashers,
but when I flick the headlight dimmer switch on the steering column back
to get high beams, the high beams DO NOT come on-in fact
the headlights go out completely.
Does that 'usually' mean the  steering column switch is bad ?

A second just as important question to me.

Is it difficult to  install the switch-Moss # 141-810 which looks like
the correct 1 for my 68 MGB GT ? it looks like it just plugs  into a
wiring harness connection, does it screw into the wiper switch ?

Dan
68 MGB GT
in Massachusetts