Rapid fouling cause? Fixed!

To: "MG Sig" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rapid fouling cause? Fixed!
From: "Ken Swaggart" <k.swaggart@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 17:20:04 -0700
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Turned out to be two problems. The
first was a deteriorating lead from the coil to distributor. Replacing this
lead help quite a bit but did not cure the problem. The engine still loaded
up, but not as fast, and at least I could restart it when warm.

Based on other suggestions from this group I removed and disassembled the
HIF-4 carbs. They were seriously gunked up. One carb intake was partially
blocked at the top. After cleaning, reassembling, reinstalling, setting
mixture, and balancing airflow, it runs like a top!

Thanks again.

Ken, Lincoln City, Oregon
74 B