RE: Thermostat Studs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Thermostat Studs
From: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 12:25:56 -0400
<<From Kelvin>>
Thanks Larry, you saved my sanity.
Not much of it left right now.

Hey, me too. I called Moss on Saturday and they are sending the course/fine
studs. No big deal now as I'm working to remove part of an "easy-out" from
the block! Any good suggestions? I've been grinding it down with a small
Drimel (sp?) grinding bit. I read a post in the archive Saturday night that
suggests it's best not to even try to use one. Day late and dollar short!
Next time I'll check the archive before I listen to my friends at work.
Anyway, I'll put the new stud in with a Heli Coil as soon as I finish
removing the hardened steel. No project is too small to avoid a complete
disaster.

Frank