Re: oil pressure guage now coolant

To: jamesnazarian@netzero.net
Subject: Re: oil pressure guage now coolant
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 10:10:33 -0400
  Unless you know that you are having difficulties with the electrical
temp gauge, I'd leave it alone.  They seem to be pretty reliable.
   You can test its calibration easily, with sufficient accuracy for our
needs.  Loosen the radiator cap so the radiator cannot build up pressure.
Go for a drive of 10 minutes or more. With engine running, lift off the
rad cap and insert a kitchen thermometer.  It will read the temp of the
water at the top of the radiator, which may be a couple of degrees cooler
than the thermostat, but close enough.  Then you know on your gauge what
it reads for a temperature of the water just a few inches from the
sending unit.
  Recent Moss price for the mechanical combined water temp & oil pressure
gauge for TD was $298.95.
Bob