Re: Hillman Minx for sale

To: "Phil Vanner" <phil@outtech.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hillman Minx for sale
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:57:22 -0700
Phil,

The Minxes from the mid-Fifties through the early Sixties are actually nice
cars, even though they are rather (!) under-powered. For 1957, for example,
the engine is described in a contemporary review as "a 4cyl. overhead valve
powerplant of 84.82 cu. in. and a compression ratio of 7 to 1. Power output
is the same as last year: 47 bhp at 4400 rpm."

Parts are rather hard to find in this country but there are reasonably
reliable sources in the UK. The cars are quite attractive and drive and
handle adequately. One of our MG club members has a '59 convertible that's
been his daily commuter for the last couple of years.

As you said, for $800, if the car runs and drives you can hardly go wrong!
Seeing as it is in Oklahoma, it shouldn't be too rusty. It would probably
cost you more than the purchase price to get it up to Minneapolis, though!

Lawrie