Re: 67 B Temperature Unit Removal

To: "Tom Wagner" <tomwagner@charter.net>, "mg" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 67 B Temperature Unit Removal
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 03:38:24 -0500
At 09:42 PM 5/23/02 -0500, Tom Wagner wrote:
>Can someone tell me if the sending unit for the temperature guage thtat is
>mounted on the block, is that reverse thread or normal thread in a 67 B???

It is a standard right handed thread.  Use penetrating oil and lots of
patience.  Turn anti-clockwise to remove.  It is a soft brass thin wall
male threaded "flare nut", and using a standard open end wrench on it will
often crush the fitting making it nigh well impossible to remove.  Always
use a flare nut wrench on this fitting, accept no substitute tool.  If you
bugger it up and have to cut the line to replace that funny nut, it's about
$90 for repair at a specialty shop.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg