Camshaft Selection and more

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Camshaft Selection and more
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 21:47:59 -0400
I just caught up with this thread.

Re. the Pierce cam with their x-flow head.  I can't speak for the cam.  But,
the head with the 280 cam I had in my B, is a GREAT combination.  Incredible
low end power increase.  And, strong all the way to redline.  It was likely
the biggest reason I dropped my Lime Rock lap time by so much last year.

Also, the comment about Brit-Tek - I will second that.  I have been doing
the majority of my parts purchasing for both the B & the Turner from Bob.  I
first started buying from him about 1994 when I had the 1980 B.  Once I
started working on modifying the '66 for dual-purpose use, Bob became an
invaluable resource.  His prices are as good as anyone's.  And, his advice
is like that of some of the best on this list.  He will continue to be my
main source because of this.  In fact, I willingly spend more for a product
from Bob because of the value of his service & advice.

No financial interest in either company.  Just a very satisfied customer.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB - new engine now enroute from Colorado
'59 Turner - about to be registered for street use.  Good timing with having
to lay up the B for a few days.