RE: Stopped receiving the list!

To: <mjb@autox.team.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Stopped receiving the list!
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 00:55:59 -0400
Thanks to some of the responses I've received, I think I've figured out why
I was cut off from the list!!

All mail from my business account is also copied to my personal account and
my personal mailbox at home filled up to it's quota as a result of extra
heavy activity at my business. As a result, some of my personal e-mail sent
to my home, where I exclusively receive the list messages at, was returned
to the sender. I've only had this happen a time or two in the past and it
was only over quota for 2-3 hours before I realized it and cleaned it up.
However, apparently that was enough for the list. I would bet my bippy that
I was cut off due to "excessive returned messages".

To help prevent this from happening in the future, I'd like to know what
that limit is. 3 returned messages, 10, 30, 100, 1 hour 3 hours, what?

You know, the e-mail recipient is NOT in control of how much e-mail he/she
receives, and most ISP's DO have a 10 meg. limit or less. I personally
couldn't have prevented this. I know that the list survives on contributions
and through the completely unselfish effort of Mark Bradakis, but this still
seems a little harsh to me, to just unsubscribe a person because of a brief
situation of some returned mail that couldn't be prevented. Maybe the
threshold should be raised or a warning sent before a loyal and otherwise
rule obeying lister like myself is just terminated without any notice.

I have read everything sent to me when I signed up for the list and I didn't
see anything about being cut off if there was returned mail. Did I miss
something? Is this what happened Mark and if so, what are the limits?

Thanks for all you do.

-Jerry Erbesfield
73 B Black Beauty roadster
jerbesfield@mindspring.com