Turn signal wiring

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Turn signal wiring
From: Zach Dorsch <herr_dorsch@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 08:45:30 -0700 (PDT)
I was checking for loose connections etc. yesterday trying to find out where
the drain could be coming from on my car ('73 B) and found something at the
turn signals maybe.  Where the signals mount to the body there is a wire
running from the bottom stud of each that meets up with the rest of the harness
(they have been replaced, I don't believe them to be the appropriate color).
Wouldn't these just be a ground?  If so, is there any harm in ground it
directly to the frame rail?  BTW, a PO has done some wiring that I don't fully
understand.  I also haven't been able to find a suitable wiring diagram for my
car.  I have the green MGB owners handbook, but can't seem to find the
appropirate wiring chart (wire colors do not match what are original to car).

Thank You

Zach