RE: Bleeding brakes

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bleeding brakes
From: "Helene Yassinger" <mghirsch@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 08:08:50 -0500
With the work you did, I would recommend bleeding all the brakes.  In fact, if
you haven't replaced the fluid recently, I would replace it all.

Why?  Brake fluid absorbs water.  Water will eventuallly affect not only the
cast iron in the wheel cylinders and calipers, but also will affect braking
when hot.  If there istoo much water in the fluid, it will boil under hot
braking conditions and cause brake fade.

The water will collect in the low parts of the system, which is why it should
be bled.

Maynard