Pos grnd tach/ wht wire

To: mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>, MG-MGB <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Pos grnd tach/ wht wire
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 07:50:47 -0700 (PDT)
OK, so I did one stupid thing (OK, maybe two or three but the question is on
the first thing)

I snipped the white wire going into and out of the tach with out seeing which
one came from where. The moss catalog on page 143 (on the next to most recent
version) shows the wire coming into the tach and then coming back out. Now, one
part of the loop is at the top and one is at the bottom. I know the wire starts
at the key switch and then goes through the tach and ends up in the bay at the
solenoid (I think, but that is moot right now).

Does the wire come from the keyswitch into the tach at the bottom or the top? I
mean is the bottom of the loop the 'in' wire ( from the keyswitch) or the 'out'
wire (to the engine).

This question is a little specific as this tach is only a two year tach
(electric tach but Pos ground) 66-67.

Carl

Carl