Re: Pos grnd tach/ wht wire

To: "Carl French" <leylandauto@yahoo.com>, "mg list"
Subject: Re: Pos grnd tach/ wht wire
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 16:55:13 +0100
Hmmm, top and bottom can be confusing.  If the whole of the white wire is
external to the tach with the exception of passing through the pickup
itself, which is mounted on the back of the tach case, then whether it
passes through the top hole or the bottom first is immaterial.  What *is*
important is the *direction* it goes through the holes.  From what I can
tell from the diagrams in the manual, if you hold the tach in its normal
orientation the pickup is on the back.  If you hold it such that the knurled
wheel is on the *right* of the two holes when looking at the back, the wire
comes from the switch, *down* though one hole, round to the left *away* from
the knurled screw, then *down* again through the other hole and from there
to the coil.  It actually is shown going down through the hole furthest from
the tach case first and then through the closer hole, but as I say it is the
direction it goes through the holes that is important and not which hole
first.