British Car Week Report

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: British Car Week Report
From: Charles Hill <candahill@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 00:02:52 -0500
I've been driving my TC when I can this week.  Its a bit of a hassle
driving to work, though.  First, I have a company laptop computer thats
hard to secure in the TC which means I have to carry it around with me.
Second, our main office has secure parking that requires you to scan
your park car to enter the garage.  Try this from a right hand drive car
when the scanner is on the left of the car!  Got a lot of comments from
my coworkers who didn't know I had the MG.  Most were already impressed
with my normal driver - a Porsche 914.

I was surprised as driving the TC in rush hour traffic is much easier
than  I expected.  It does much better at the creeping along in the
congested sections.  And in the faster sections, it keeps up with the
traffic in the right lane with no problem.  It also seems that other
drivers are a little more courtious to me.

Anyway, the only other British car I've seen this week was a Triumph TR6
at a gas station.

Regards,
Charles Hill