Re: Ignition timing and vacuum advance?

To: <Menno.Meijer@ict.nl>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition timing and vacuum advance?
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:32:31 +0100
You must check the timing with the vacuum advance disconnected from the
dizzie and the pipe plugged, particularly with manifold vacuum systems, but
ported systems need it doing to if you are going to check the centrifugal
advance.  You may have to temporarily adjust the idle screws to compensate.
And you are quite correct in getting the timing right - and the valve
clearances, dwell and plug gaps - before moving on to the carbs.