sundry items

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: sundry items
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 11:51:16 -0400
Hi Gang,
   The weather in NJ was spectacular yesterday and the number of cars on
the road showed it. No Brit cars but numerous 1940's and '50's American and
a few exotics.  Saw them on the way to the Red Mill Show in Clinton,
NJ...nice venue along a river, 100 or so cars, sortov upscale from us in
Southern Jersey.  About 10% Healeys (compared with our show's 6%), numerous
exotic Bentley's and Jags, but a RBB with a Rover-8 in it, an estimated 210
HP.  The owner said the only car he couldn't beat off the line was a Porsch
Twin Turbo (at about 90K), but most else was toast.
        Finally, after 4 years trying, I met lister Dan DiBiase and was also
surprised to meet Dave Houser.

        Anyway, put on 350 miles on my B and it ran great
EXCEPT...why would  a fuse spontaneously burn out when I turned off the
engine. Lost the windshield washer, turnsignal circuit.  Had a handy fuse
so the problem was minimal. The new fuse did not burn out when I reached
home.   Should I look for something specific or did the Lucas gods play a
trick on me with an overaged fuse?

Bill Saidel
76B