Re: sundry items

To: "Bill Saidel" <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: sundry items
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 17:11:51 +0100
Some years, but closer to 73/74 than 76, had the washers, wipers and heater
fan on the accessories position of the ignition switch and hence were still
powered when the engine was off.  But this didn't include the turn signals
which were only ever on the fused ignition (2nd fuse up).  The electric
gauges, brake lights, reverse lights etc. etc. should also have failed
unless you have non-standard wiring.  Can't offhand think why the ignition
fuse should blow (assuming it was physically melted and not just fractured)
*after* the ignition was turned off, but with multiple shorts in the wiring
anything could happen.